Latest Transparent Roofing Sheet Prices in Nigeria (2023)
Transparent roofing sheets are one of the notable type of roofs in Nigeria. This kind of roof is often used due to its aesthetic and light nature. If you’re interested in having this building materials for your rooftop, then you are certainly on the right page.
We’ll keep up with the latest rates of transparent (fibreglass) roofing sheets in Nigeria in this article. We’ll as well go through some of the benefits of fibreglass roofing sheets, commonly known as FRP (fiber-reinforced polymer) or GRP (glass-reinforced plastic), over all other transparent roofing materials.
Also, we will show you how to purchase high-quality fibreglass roofing sheets in the country at the most competitive pricing. Continue reading to find out more.
CURRENT PRICES OF FIBREGLASS TRANSPARENT ROOFING SHEETS IN NIGERIA (2023)
Here is the view of the current rates of transparent roofing sheets in the country today:
- 1 mm thickness (plain) costs ₦5,000 per metre
- 1 mm thickness (coloured) costs ₦5,100 per metre
- 2 mm thickness (plain) cost ₦6,500 per metre
- 2 mm thickness (coloured) cost ₦6,600 per metre
- 3 mm thickness (plain) cost ₦11,500 per metre
- 3 mm thickness (coloured) cost ₦11,600 per metre
- 4 mm thickness (plain) cost ₦13,000 per metre
- 4 mm thickness (coloured) cost ₦13,100 per metre
The thickness (measured in millimeters), color (simple or coloured), pattern or design, and quality all influence the pricing of fibreglass transparent roofing sheets in Nigeria. Other supplementary elements, such as transportation costs and delivery difficulties, are also taken into account in the final price you’ll receive from your supplier.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT POLYCARBONATE (TRANSPARENT) ROOFING SHEETS
Polycarbonate is a tough thermoplastic that is nearly indestructible. If you’ve really attempted to split a CD or DVD in half, you know how difficult it can be. This is due to the fact that they are composed of polycarbonate, a very strong material that operates well as a roof covering. With polycarbonate sheets, the odds of a roof being destroyed by any exterior or interior impact are quite low.
Polycarbonate rooftop sheets are simple to install owing to its steep structure, a pragmatic design that allows them to be moved around on site and on the road, reducing overall time to complete the project.
Polycarbonate roofing sheets are also resistant to both low and high temperatures, making them an excellent roofing option. Polycarbonate roofing sheets are incredibly popular with conservatories and patios because of their ability to allow sunlight to enter through into the roof.
Polycarbonate, danpalon, plastic, and fiberglass are some of the materials used to make transparent roofing sheets. While every one of those materials has merits and disadvantages, fibreglass outperforms other materials in terms of durability and versatility that can be used for roofing or “siding.”
Applications: Commercial Rooflights, Greenhouses, Orangeries & Conservatories, Carports, Swimming Pools, and Bus Shelters are all common examples uses.
Qualities: Lightweight, Easy to Cut on Site, Excellent Rigidity, UV stable, Highly Weather Resistance, Excellent Fire Rating, Good Thermal Insulation
USES OF TRANSPARENT ROOFING SHEETS
Transparent roofing sheets have a wide range of applications. Let’s take a peek at the most important ones:
- Transparent roofing sheets are used to cover structures and buildings that require a lot of natural light.
- They can also be used for sunroof, which admit daylight into a piece of a building or structure.
- They are however utilized for decorative purposes, since they improve the aesthetic of rooftops they are being used for.
WHAT EXACTLY IS FIBREGLASS?
The component used to make fibreglass transparent roofing sheets is fibreglass or glass fibre, often known as fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP). This material is made up of composite polymer resins that have already been reinforced with several types of fibers to improve its strength, elasticity, and weatherproofness.
Vinyl ester, epoxy, and phenol-formaldehyde resins are among the polymers widely utilized in fibreglass synthesis. Glass, carbon, aramid, and other fibers are among the materials employed.
Fibreglass is also used to reinforce aircraft, boats, bathtubs, castings, surfboards, external door skins, septic tanks, water tanks, pipelines, cladding, and many more items.
ADVANTAGES OF FIBREGLASS TRANSPARENT ROOFING SHEETS
Fibreglass transparent roofing sheets have a lot of benefits. Transparent roofing sheets are formed of a variety of materials, as previously indicated. Polycarbonate, plastic, danpalon, and fiberglass are among them.
Whilst each one of these elements has advantages and disadvantages, fibreglass outperforms the others in certain respects. Below is the view of the benefits of using a fibreglass transparent roofing sheet.
- Lightweight: Fibreglass is often low in weight, irrespective of its thickness (the thicker designs are slightly heavier, though). This facilitates transporting and ability to handle much easier. This is why it’s utilized in planes, boats, protective jackets, and other purposes where extra weight is an issue.
- Durability: Fibreglass is more durable than that of other materials being used transparent roofing sheets because it is stronger and less fragile. It may be twisted into a variety of forms and returns to its original shape when released. Fibreglass roofing, on the other hand, can last up to 30 years – even in the most extreme weather conditions.
- UV Resistance: With the exception of polycarbonate and danpalon, fibreglass doesn’t really fade when subjected to ultra – violet light. More crucially, it prevents the sun’s ultra-violet rays from penetrating. This is why it’s so popular for skylights and other purposes that demand natural light.
- Tensile Strength: Regardless of the fact that it is constructed of non-steel materials, fibreglass has a higher tensile strength than steel. This makes it an effective choice to steel in a spectrum of uses, in addition to just being a superb electrical insulator and rust-proof.
That’s the view of the costs of transparent roofing sheets in Nigeria. We also included information on what is made up of the material. All of these will will give you hints in your material selection.